Do you have Problems with sleeping? What should you do?
It is not uncommon to have a restless or sleepless night from time to time. If on the other hand, your lack of sleep is creating difficulty in your life, it may be time to seek help. Sleep is essential to your health and well-being.
Symptoms of a sleep problem can be any or all of the following:
- Tough time clearly thinking
- Not able to focus on details
- Always tired and lethargic
- Continuous snoring
- Falling asleep unintentionally
- Chronic headaches and fatigue
- Leg twitching in bed
Hawkeye Sleep Center is located in Eastern Iowa, in Coralville. We can help you evaluate the seriousness of your sleep condition. There are many conditions that we can treat right away or if necessary we can refer you to the most qualified local physician to prescribe a treatment plan.
There are some things that you can try to see if your sleep problem can be controlled with a few simple things within your control.
- Turn off everything that emanates light in your bedroom. Try to sleep in as close to total darkness as you can.
- Try to find a convenient bedtime for everyone. It’s very difficult to sleep while others are still up or the TV is still on.
- Make sure you get some exercise and activity before bedtime. If you are not very active your system may just need to burn some energy before you go to sleep.
- Try to eliminate caffeine for a while but certainly at least 2-4 hours before your bedtime. Alcohol can also be a problem to sleep.
- Try to keep your bedroom cool at night. A temperature below 68 degrees is the best way to help you be comfortable in sleep.